NIGERIA@60!! Having Gone Through President BUHARI Nigeria’s 60th Independent Speech, Describe Him In One Word.
President Muhammadu Buhari read his speech from the Presidential Villa early on Thursday, October 1, 2020 ahead of Nigeria’s 60th independence anniversary celebrations. Followed by several provocative tweets that got Nigerians wondering if his Twitter page was hacked.
The president was literally mocking, insulting and threatening Nigerian citizens.
Below are five key statements he made.
1. Accordingly, in the last three years, we have introduced unprecedented measures in support of the economy and to the weakest members of our society in the shape of:
c. School Feeding Programme
d. Job creation efforts
e. Agricultural intervention programmes
2. No government in the past did what we are doing with such scarce resources. We have managed to keep things going in spite of the disproportionate spending on security. Those in the previous Governments from 1999 – 2015 who presided over the near destruction of the country have now the impudence to attempt to criticize our efforts.
3. In the circumstances, a responsible government must face realities and take tough decisions.
4. Petroleum prices in Nigeria are to be adjusted. We sell now at N161 per litre. A comparison with our neighbours will illustrate the point;
a. Chad which is an oil producing country charges N362 per litre
b. Niger, also an oil producing country sells 1 litre at N346.
c. In Ghana, another oil producing country, petroleum pump price is N326 per litre.
5. Further afield, Egypt charges N211 per litre. Saudi Arabia charges N168 per litre. It makes no sense for oil to be cheaper in Nigeria than in Saudi Arabia.
Hehehe if you ask me, I think this is the worst presidential speech ever in history. How about you?
Having Gone Through President BUHARI Nigeria’s 60th Independent Speech, Describe Him In A Word.
Drop comment below ?